Tomorrow is my son’s long awaited 7th birthday party. He has been counting down the days since the 1st of February anticipating it’s arrival and we haven’t missed a day when he hasn’t told us how many days until his party. With his name being of Irish origin and his party falling on St Patrick’s Day, we now have two reasons to celebrate tomorrow.
I decided to come up with something green that the kids could eat at the party to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. I also wanted to incorporate Master A’s love of everything Star Wars. So with this in mind I put my creative thinking cap on and came up with “St Paddy’s Day green chocolate chip Star Wars cookies”.
This cookie recipe is absolutely delish!! I’ve had to pack them away before I eat them all as there will be some very sad children at tommorow’s party!
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do, they are so easy to make. You can also make the dough and freeze it to use it later on.
You will need:
- 4 Baking trays (r you can make two batches on 2 trays)
- Baking paper
- Cookie cutters
- Roling pin
Makes approximately 50 cookies
- 200g Softened butter
- 200g Soft brown sugar
- 300g Self raising flour
- 200g Chocolate chips
- 2 tspns vanilla extract
- 4-6 drops of green food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius (or 160 degrees celsius fan forced)
- Line the baking trays with baking paper
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar in a bowl
- Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix through
- Add the green food colouring and the vanilla extract and mix until the dough has turned green.
- Divide the sugar into two equal parts and roll out the first batch on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter dipped in flour and cut out the cookies.(If the dough softens place it in the fridge for 15 minutes).
- Place the cookies on the lined baking trays (make sure the cookies are well spaced so as they do not stick together when they are baking as they will grow in size).
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown
- Keep the cookies on the baking tray to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy and Happy St Patrick’s Day!