This week has been a crazy old week and the only way I am going to feel better is by having a chocolate fix!
So today I am sharing with you my devilish and delicious recipe for Rocky Road. I love the crunch of this Rocky Road, and the way the nuts balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and cherries.
In all of my recipes and craft ideas I try to make things simple so that you can try them at home without any fuss. You can enjoy making this recipe on your own or have a bit of fun making it with the kids. Because it is so quick and simple to make the kids won’t lose interest halfway through.
I hope you enjoy making this as much as you enjoy eating it!!
NB: If someone in your family has a nut allergy you can substitute the nuts for something else. You could use pretzels or rice bubbles as a substitute so that it still keeps the crunch element.
- 400g of cooking chocolate (I used Milk but you can use Dark too)
- 1/2 cup of glace cherries
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 cup of clinkers
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Break the chocolate up and melt in a double boiler (keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the pan).
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the pan from the stove and stir through the cherries, hazelnuts and clinkers. Make sure you do this quickly as the chocolate will set.
- Pour the rocky road mix onto your lined tray and put it in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Once it has set, cut the rocky road into chunky pieces.
- To give the rocky road as a gift, place the pieces into cellophane bags and tie the top with a ribbon or place into a beautiful glass jar.